Meet the team
Thomas E. Sowers
Thomas E. Sowers
Tom Sowers approaches legal issues from a businessperson’s perspective. A Shareholder at Berman Fink Van Horn, Tom’s practice focuses on representing businesses and their owners in a wide range of transactional matters and legal issues.
Tom spends much of his professional time assisting clients with M&A and corporate finance transactions. He also provides clients with general advice relating to the operation of their businesses.
In addition to his corporate practice, Tom has significant experience in representing clients with the purchase and sale of commercial real estate and related financing transactions. Tom also regularly represents both landlords and tenants in commercial real estate leasing transactions. Tom was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1997 and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Tom was born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He has lived in Atlanta since graduating from law school in 1997. Tom and his wife, Sun, have two children, Nicholas and Olivia.
- Georgia (1997)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1997
- Associate Editor, St. John’s University Law Review
- State Bar of Georgia
- Business Law Section
News & Insights
federal privacy legislation
What is the Status of Federal Privacy Legislation?
California Consumer Privacy Act Set to Become Effective
consumer privacy law
Proposed New York Privacy Act Would Be Toughest State Privacy Law
Washington State Data Privacy Act Fails to Pass
federal internet privacy law
Government Accountability Office Recommends Federal Internet Privacy Law
regulating data brokers
Vermont Law Relating to Data Brokers Goes into Effect
- Be Mindful of Rule 701 when Issuing Equity Compensation, Berman Fink Van Horn E-News (Winter 2015/2016)
- Giving Stock to Employees, Berman Fink Van Horn E-News
- Creating, Maintaining and Terminating Business Relationships, Berman Fink Van Horn Perspectives (Winter 2011)
- Legal Issues to Consider in Preparation for the Sale of a Business, Berman Fink Van Horn Perspectives (Spring 2010)
- Fiduciary Duties of Members in Georgia, LLCs
- Letter of Intent Issues in the Purchase or Sale of a Privately Owned Company