Meet the team
Connect with me
Diana Barber is a lawyer, speaker, consultant, educator, author and provides litigation support to hospitality companies nationwide. A recipient of the 2013 Anthony G. Marshall Hospitality Law Award, a national award given for her pioneering contributions to hospitality law, Diana serving as Of Counsel with Berman Fink Van Horn.
Diana currently teaches several distant learning classes at Georgia State University, including introduction to hospitality, human resources management in hospitality and hospitality law. Diana’s other accolades include the Teaching Excellence Award from the J. Mack Robinson College of Business (2011) and she was selected as the University’s Study Abroad Program Director of the Year. Diana is the recipient of the 2010 Hospitality Faculty of the Year Award, an award bestowed by the students of the School of Hospitality. In addition, Diana has been inducted into Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars.
Diana is a native of Miami, Florida. After graduating cum laude from Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in Macon, GA, Diana practiced law with King & Spalding in Atlanta. She then joined the in-house legal department of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC, where she practiced hospitality law for more than 14 years. Since 2004, Diana has been teaching hospitality law to hospitality college students.
Diana is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association (GHLA). She is also an accomplished author, teaming up with Stephen Barth of University of Houston and HospitalityLawyer.com to publish the 5th Edition of the Hospitality Law textbook in 2017.
- Georgia (1985)
- B.A. University of South Florida, 1981
- J.D. Mercer University, cum laude 1985
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association
- Georgia State University Hospitality Industry Board
- Anthony G. Marshall Hospitality Law Award, a national award for her pioneering contributions to hospitality law (2013 )
- Teaching Excellence Award from the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University (2011)
- Georgia State University’s Study Abroad Program Director of the year (2011)
- Hospitality faculty of the Year award, an award bestowed by the students of the School of Hospitality (2010)
- Inductee, Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars
News & Insights
- Protecting your Business in the Wake of #MeToo (Co-presenter to Georgia Hospitality Lodging Association members – September 21, 2018)
- Top 100 Cases in Hospitality 2017 (Presented at The Hospitality Law Conference: Series 2.0 – Houston, April 13, 2018)