Zoning & Land Use
Berman Fink Van Horn partners with our clients to manage and resolve zoning and land use issues related to commercial and residential properties. Our attorneys understand how to overcome and quantify legislative changes made by state and local government, and key issues in the public and private sector. We can navigate the political climate that may affect zoning and land use decisions, enabling clients to make the best decision for their property, and fast growing business.
Our team is here to serve clients from the beginning of a project through the end to ensure that the project has the proper legal foundation and political support to accomplish the desired goal. We offer a multitude of services to both public and private sector clients.
Meeting the needs of public and private clients
Berman Fink Van Horn attorneys represent residential and commercial property owners, developers and businesses. We can also represent local governments on zoning and land use issues, as well as schools, neighborhood associations and others affected by land use laws and regulations.
Services for private clients include:
- Applications for rezoning
- Building and special use permits
- Land use approvals/entitlements including administrative exceptions, variances, subdivision and plat approvals
- Litigation of zoning and land use challenges, including the law of takings, preemption, due process and other constitutional law challenges
Our attorneys also represent clients at administrative hearing boards and courts of law throughout Georgia for correction notices, citations, cease and desist orders and various appeals that attempt to restrict the use of land. We also provide advice and counsel to companies engaged in outdoor advertising, an area which can be complicated and contentious.
Services for public clients include:
- Counseling local government officials on current trends and public interest concerns
- Drafting and implementing updates and modifications to existing zoning codes
- Defending legislative changes and other challenges to local government decisions in administrative hearings and court
Why choose us?
When you entrust us with your business matter, you can rest assured our team will treat your company like it is our own. The attorneys handling your case will always keep you up to date, consistently communicating with you and collaborating on creative solutions. Our team is nimble, accessible, and ready to act. And while our rates are competitive, our clients receive white glove service from a senior level attorney—every time.