The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued an alert listing the following safety tips employers can follow to help protect employees and keep manufacturing workers safe from exposure to coronavirus.
OSHA Safety Tips
The tips below are provided for employees working in the manufacturing industry:
- Practicing social distancing. This includes sensible social distancing and maintaining 6 feet between co-workers, where possible.
- Establishing flexible work hours, (e.g., staggered shifts), if feasible.
- Training workers on how to properly put on, use/wear, take-off and maintain protective clothing and equipment.
- Allowing workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent spread of the virus.
- Monitoring public health communications, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about coronavirus recommendations for the workplace and ensuring that workers have access to and understand that information.
- Promoting personal hygiene. If workers do not have access to soap and water for handwashing, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Provide disinfectants and disposable towels workers can use to clean work surfaces; and
- Promote a safe work environment/workplace safety. Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
The new alert is available for download in English and Spanish.
As always, please let me know if I can help.
BFV Perspectives, Corporate Matters, Covid-19 Updates, Sports Fans Guide 2 HR, | Apr 17, 2020
Kenneth Winkler, a shareholder at Berman Fink Van Horn, helps employers navigate the employment laws and regulations that govern the workplace.